Monday, February 22, 2010

phd.py

Let me get straight to the point: I am a unique Graduate student of all times. This is because, rather than doing a phd, I am writing a script that takes these inputs and just does the following 10 steps:

Input parameters:
-name of the grad student
-email-ids of thesis committee members in alphabetical order.
(Note: currently the code errors out if the id's are not in the alphabetical order.)

and, does the following:
1. defines a problem
2. reads in a library of literature data
3. proposes n physical models
4. validates all models with experiments
5. modifies the models
6. runs simulations based on these assumptions
7. keeps sending me emails of statii of simulation-jobs ('focus' plural 'foci' , then 'status' plural 'statii'??)
8. sends graphs/ interpretations via email -to my iPhone (that I plan to buy)
9. Makes power point presentations
10. sends out email invitations (template lib included) to thesis committee members after mining through their online schedules and finding a common time



So now I have to focus only on these three things:

1. complete the work on phd.py
2. learn the plural of the word 'status' : whether it is statii or statuses or something else..
3. prepare for presentation

rest all is going to be fun as well !!

--
Milind

5 comments: